Currently, there are many different types of hair extensions on the market, including Raw hair and Virgin hair. There are many people who confuse these two types of hair extensions. In this article, LIFE HAIR will show you the difference between Raw hair and Virgin hair.
1. What is Raw Hair?
Raw hair is 100% unprocessed hair that is collected from one donor. It has never been chemically processed or had any heat applied to it. Raw hair comes in its natural state, unlike Virgin hair. This is the highest quality on the market. Raw hair is very natural looking and blends very well with your own hair.
Features of Raw hair:
- 100% human hair
- 100% unprocessed hair, that has not been altered in any way by steam or chemical treatment.
- The hair comes from the same person or donor
- Premium quality
- The cuticle is aligned
- There are 3 basic textures: straight, wavy, and curly
- Lasts longer (5+ years) because it gets better with every wash
- Available only in natural blacks, browns, grays, reds (rare), and blondes (rare)
2. What is Virgin Hair?
Virgin hair is 100% human hair, mostly with intact cuticles, moving in the same direction. The virgin hair has not been altered by dyes, perms, bleaches, or harsh washes. This can also be steamed processed, which is how textures such as deep wave, kinky curly, Italian curly, body wave, and other textures are steam processed to achieve these patterns. Virgin hair is extremely popular because you can dye, cut, and bleach the hair and treat it as your own.
Features of Virgin hair:
- 100% human hair
- Every bundle is uniform due to the hair being processed but not chemically treated – including dyed, bleached, or colored, not being straightened, curled, ironed, blow-dried, or permed,…
- Premium quality
- Cuticles may not always be intact
- Available hair textures are “endless”
- Lasts up to one year with exceptional care
- Hair feels good at first glance and may feel hard after 4th to 5th wash
- Available in an array of colors
3. The difference between Raw hair and Virgin hair
Below are some differences between Raw hair and Virgin hair:
- Although both are human extensions, Raw hair is unaltered. Virgin hair, on the other hand, is steam-processed for enhanced texture.
- Since Raw hair hasn’t been chemically altered or steam-processed, it usually only comes in three textures. Raw hair primarily comes in straight, natural waves, and curly, which is rare. Styles such as a deep wave, kinky curly, body wave,… are typically nonexistent when dealing with raw hair. To achieve those patterns, mass production and professional steaming of the raw hair would need to take place
- There’s a difference between the way virgin hair and raw hair are maintained. Raw hair requires a lot of moisturizing and conditioning. There are specific products that can alter the look and feel of raw hair. Virgin hair, on the other hand, does not show any difference or alteration in its pattern, no matter what products you use on it
- Raw hair is more expensive than Virgin hair, but the investment and maintenance are worth it. It can last up to 4 – 5 years and you can always make a wig or clip-ins out of it. But, if you are looking for more textures like kinky curly or even a deep wave, virgin hair is for you
- Raw hair might not be widely available. Virgin hair, on the contrary, is always available in abundance. Raw hair can be limited, while virgin hair is always in excess. Many sellers will run out of hair and will have to wait about a few weeks or so for their next shipment to come in. So, keep that in mind when you’re planning your hairstyle
- Virgin hair comes in a variety of origins such as Brazilian, Malaysian, Indian, Peruvian, and Mongolian,… whereas raw hair has only three origins – raw Vietnamese hair, raw Indian hair raw Cambodian hair
This is what you really need to know when it comes to Raw hair vs Virgin hair. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, but no matter which hair type you choose, you will have great and beautiful hair. Think about whether you prefer the slightly coarser more natural advantage that raw hair provides or do you want the trendy styles, textures, and patterns that virgin hair provides.
We hope this article will help you answer your concerns about Raw hair and Virgin hair. And Life Hair confidently provides you with all types of hair with the best quality.
Contact us to buy hair:
- WhatsApp: +84395795725
- Instagram: lifehair_factory_vietnam
- Website: lifehairvn.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hanoi Office: 122 Xuan Thuy Street, Dich Vong Hau Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
- Factory Address: Binh An Village, Dong Tho Town, Yen Phong District, Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam